When an opportunity comes along, you deserve the chance to move forward with confidence. At SPRI, we work with oil and gas companies to evaluate and appraise projects, measure risk, and collect data to help you make an informed decisions.
Our process is designed to include projects of every scope and level of complexity while allowing us to navigate each project’s unique challenges, needs, and objectives.
Appraisal vs. Evaluation
Do you need an oil and gas appraisal or evaluation? There is a difference between the two:
- Appraisals are professional opinions that are designed to place a value on a property or asset in a hypothetical transaction. Appraisals take into account the current, local market conditions to formulate an estimated price that a property would sell for. These appraisals offer a number of use cases, such as tax basis, a loan from a bank or other financial institution, or even financial planning needs. Given that property values can change with market conditions, it’s essential to get an up-to-date appraisal for your application.
- Evaluations are used as resource reports that are commonly used by companies when exploring potential projects, investments, acquisitions, and partnerships. Evaluations can be helpful tools in estimating oil and gas reserves and projecting future production levels. Our team has developed a comprehensive, straightforward assessment to discover a site’s technical and commercial attributes, uncover critical risk factors, estimate resources and reserves, and determine the overall value of the opportunity.
The Benefits of Independent Appraisals & Evaluations for Oil & Gas Investments
SPRI consultants provide independent, non-biased research to produce your appraisals and evaluations. We have extensive experience in fair market backgrounds to generate an accurate outcome for our clients in a format that’s easy to understand and utilize.
As a result, our clients have been able to use their appraisals and evaluations to:
- Get a fair price on properties for sale
- Better leverage their internal resources by outsourcing to an upstream consultant
- Understand the competitive positioning of their assets
- Capitalize on new business opportunities
- Prepare appropriate market entry and exit strategies
- Identify strategic options for their businesses
- Know their assets’ role in driving future investments
What to Expect with SPRI
Our evaluations and appraisals team is comprised of petrophysicists, geologists, business experts, and petroleum engineers that rely on a variety of tools and techniques to generate their findings. We empower advanced technologies, industry data, and modeling to develop the most accurate insights and results and adhere to your timeline.
We also have an extensive global network of strategic partners and industry leaders with whom we’ve built strong relationships, giving us an optimal way to expand our team while delivering the best value to our clients.
Clients We Serve
Our clients hire us for oil and gas appraisals and evaluations for a number of use cases, including but not limited to:
- Public company reporting
- Merger and acquisitions
- Reserve and resource reporting
- Determining business equity
- Oil and gas royalty interests
- Joint ventures and divestiture